The OLF Conference is proud to announce that we will hold our 20th annual event at the Hilton Columbus Downtown on December 2 and 3, 2022. The OLF Conference welcomes all Free and Open Source Software professionals, enthusiasts, and everyone interested in learning more about Free and Open Source Software.
We encourage you to book your hotel room with the Hilton. Having the conference and hotel in one place makes it extra convenient and accessible for families and those with physical challenges. If you are simply driving in for the day, the Vine Street Garage (#3 below) is the closest to the hotel. Discounted valet parking ($10/day, no in and out privileges) will also be made available – check with the OLF registration desk to get a coupon.
Sonesta Columbus Downtown
We have managed to get a block with the Sonesta Columbus Downtown in close proximity to the Hilton. Those who have attended OLF in previous years may remember this property as the Crowne Plaza (see map below). It does feature access via an enclosed walkway to the Hyatt Regency – from there, you can walk indoors to the Hilton.
You can book a room in the block until 5:00pm on Wednesday November 30 or until availability runs out, whichever comes first. Rates start at $179/night. Valet parking is available at $42/night, or you can self-park in a nearby garage (the Chestnut Street garage, #7 below, is immediately adjacent.
We also suggest the following properties for their proximity to the Hilton, inventory, and reports of quality guest experiences from the OLF community. We do not have a block rate arranged with them, however.
Hilton Columbus Downtown
UPDATE: The Hilton block has closed. *If* any rooms are to become available due to cancellation, you are welcome to pay the market rate on the property website. Please see other options on this page.
You can reserve your hotel room with the OLF block at a discounted rate. Book your room early to make sure you don’t miss out; we cannot guarantee the rate after November 10. UPDATE: the cut-off has been extended to November 14. The rate is $187 a night, which includes the following perks:
- Free upgraded guestroom WiFi (a $12.95 value)
- $30/night valet parking with in and out privileges (a $10/night discount)
There are multiple paid parking lots and garages in the area of the convention center. Prepaid parking is available at the Vine Street (#3) and South (#2) garages at $17.50/day ($15 plus $2.50 service fee). Note that there is a covered (but not enclosed) walkway from the bottom level of the Vine Street Garage to the Hilton, and an indoor path from the South Garage to the Hilton via the Hyatt meeting space.
- Convention Center East Surface Lot – 875 spaces – real time availability
- Convention Center South Garage – 549 spaces – real time availability
- Convention Center Vine Street Garage – 1778 spaces – real time availability
- Convention Center Goodale Garage – 800 spaces – real time availability
- Nationwide Parking Front Street Garage – 3050 spaces
- Nationwide Parking Marconi/Cinema Garage – 1600 spaces
- Nationwide Parking Chestnut Street Garage – 1650 spaces
- Boggs Park and Ride Surface Lot – 350 spaces
- Arena Parking Garage – 575 spaces
- Nationwide Parking Surface Lot – 620 spaces
- Nationwide Parking Surface Lot/Garage – 1500 spaces
The Central Ohio Transit Authority operates bus services in Columbus. Unfortunately, many of their services have been suspended. Please visit their web site to see if they are able to provide service to the locations you need.