Introduction to Containers and Kubernetes
Instructors: Jay Ryan (RedHat Inc.)
This is a full day training session. In this class, we demystify the magic of containers and kubernetes. We will learn about the history and dive headfirst into the technology. We will look under the covers and explore modern container tooling for managing, building, running and securing containers. We will get hands on with an enterprise distribution of Kubernetes, Openshift Container Platform. Where we will learn the basics of managing a cluster, deploying and managing workloads, network policy, monitoring, and more.
Learning Objective and Outcomes
- Container Technology Fundamentals
- Kubernetes Technology Fundamentals
- Running containers securely on linux
- Running and managing kubernetes securely
Student Requirements and Prerequisites
- Be familiar with Linux, running commands in a terminal, and basic file editing. Previous knowledge of containers and kubernetes are not required.
What Students Should Bring
- Bring a laptop with a modern web browser such as Firefox or Google Chrome.
Jay Ryan is a Senior Account Solutions Architect based in Cincinnati, OH. He joined Red Hat in 2020 after working in Automation and System Engineering for 15 years. Jay is passionate about leaning into the friction where technology and business, and tools and culture meet. He was a member of the Red Hat Accelerators as a customer and is a user group organizer in the Cincinnati area.
Date and Time
Friday, September 8, 2023
- Morning session: 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Lunch break: 12:00 to 1:00 PM
- Afternoon session: 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Go to registration page to register for the training course and select “OLFI Professional Pass”. During the registration process, you will get an option to select your training program.